The MaRS Centre for Impact Investing hosted the 8th Social Finance Forum in November 2015. Highlights from the event in Toronto include:
- 450+ attendees from across sectors
- A deluge of social finance insights through 32 sessions and over 100 industry-leading speakers
- Dragons’ Den pitch session exposed world-changing social ventures to leading Canadian impact investors
- The Cleaning Solution and Women in Need Society (WINS) awarded the $50,000 Trico SocialEnterprize Award. Impact Junk Solutions, Rise Asset Development, Furniture Bank were the other finalists
- 20 leading impact entrepreneurs participated in the Forum through RBC's generous Impact Entrepreneurship sponsorship
- ECOTIERRA selected by the crowd for the RBC Impact Entrepreneurship Prize. The other finalists were Brighter Investmentand Potloc.
Trico SocialEnterprize Winners: The Cleaning Solution and Women in Need Society (WINS)
If you would like to catch up on the discussion about the 2015 Social Finance Forum, follow the hashtag #SFF2015.