Do you want to spend your summer with a community of like-minded, purpose-driven young leaders? Are you passionate about creating positive social change? Do you want to understand and explore the world of social innovation?
Join SIX Summer School 2019 to embark on your summer with innovation and purpose! SIX Summer School is a 5-day long immersion programme in London, UK, designed to build your innovation capacity, to help you tackle pressing social issues, and to unleash your potential to be a changemaker!
What will you learn?
You will have the opportunity to focus on one of the most pressing social challenges of our time- be that ageing, community resilience, young people and the future of work, sustainability and regeneration. SIX Summer School will be run in partnership with leading innovation organisations in London, e.g. Nesta, the Young Foundation. You will be highly proactive in the programme, working with other participants from across the world to come up with ideas or solution to real-life challenges.
Practical Tools and Methods
- Innovation tools (e.g. Design Thinking, Innovation Spiral, System thinking)
- Storytelling skills
- Collaboration skills
- Hands-on experiences in solving real life challenges
- Inspiring case studies
- Interact with international participants
- Immerse yourself in cultural diversity
- Be inspired by distinguished global and local trainers/contributors
- Exposure to social issues and global solutions
- Participatory workshop
- Community visits
- Peer-to-peer learning
BECOME A GLOBAL CHANGE MAKER!
Who is SIX Summer School for?
- Young talent from any disciplines aged from 18 – 29
- People who demonstrate a sense of commitment to society
- Competent in English
*does not require any prior knowledge of social innovation or work experience.
12 – 16 August, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Medium of instruction
SIX Summer School will be led by SIX team, who have 10+ years of experience in running social innovation capacity building training programmes, including Global Summer Schools and Social Innovation Studios in more than 20 countries across the globe.
Distinguished thought leaders will be invited to share their experiences and stories in social innovation. These speakers will be part of our SIX 100, and will include:
- Geoff Mulgan (Executive Director, Nesta)
- Louise Pulford (Executive Director, Social Innovation Exchange)
- Cassie Robinson (Head of Digital Grantmaking, The National Lottery Community Fund)
- Martin Cosarinsky (Founder, Breadwinners)
- And more…
Deadline for application
16 June 2019
Apply NOW to start your engine in the journey of change-making!
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions? Click here for answers!
Marco Shek, Coordinator of the SIX SUMMER SCHOOL 2019
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions.
Who is SIX?
SIX is a social innovation exchange who work globally to facilitate purposeful cross-sector conversations, that challenge and inspire people to use innovation to increase social impact.
We curate exchanges both within and across sectors, connecting people who wouldn’t usually meet. Through convening, capacity building and creating knowledge and learning, we are committed to creating and strengthening environments where social innovation can thrive.
With 10 years experiences, SIX is the organisation who helps you to learn and navigate in the world of social innovation.
*The £1,200 cost of the one-week programme includes:
the cost of all tuition, course materials and a certificate of participation on completion of the Summer School, awarded by Social Innovation Exchange;
The following are not included in the fee for the Summer School:
- Domestic or international travel to or from London at the start and end of the Summer School programme
- Any travel, cancellations to trips to/from the Summer School, possessions or medical/dental insurance for students
- Any associated costs e.g. visas application costs
- Spending money