How can universities do more to help shape our future?
This event aims to bring together practitioners, academics and students to explore how universities can help social innovation become more effective within our communities.
The programme includes a range of discussions and opportunities:
- What does the future looks like for Social Innovation in Southeast Asia?
- Launch of a Global Platform to support Social Innovation in Universities
- New international funding opportunities for Social Innovation
- How will Thailand’s Social Enterprise Promotion Act affect the ecosystem?
- Visa opportunities for new social entrepreneurs
- Social Innovation Market Place showcasing ideas and projects
- Special Performances
This event is organised by the SOUTHEAST ASIAN SOCIAL INNOVATION NETWORK (SEASIN), a project of which SIX is a partner. The Network has established Social Innovation Support Units in eight universities in Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia and Cambodia with support from partner universities in Portugal, Spain and the UK. In addition to the universities, four social innovation partners are also involved in order to ensure relevance and effectiveness at a local level. Each of the Units has been kitted out with a range of equipment, including 3-D printers, virtual reality tools, lathes, computers and software to create makers spaces for both students and external stakeholders to use and develop their projects.
SEASIN is co-funded by the European Commission as part of the Erasmus+ Capacity Building in Higher Education Programme.