Sabin Institute is a foundation, based in Brasilia and linked to a Brazilian healthcare company. Created in 2005, the Sabin Institute has the purpose of fostering social innovation in the region.
Key work areas
Their strategy of action is based on 5 key areas:
1. Social innovation: broadening the narrative around social innovation in the region.
2. Accelerating non-profits: working with non-profits to adapt tools from the startup world into the social sector context.
3. Social enterprise: focusing on giving support to content production, accelerating healthcare social enterprises, testing financial instruments and supporting intermediary organisations.
4. Foundations: creating learning spaces for foundations to broaden their understanding of the fields of social enterprise and social innovation.
5. Public innovation: offering support and guidance for projects which focus on public innovation.